About Me

My photo
Just my thoughts on what ever pops up. The kids are more or less on their own pursuing various degrees. My hubby does take a bit more of my time But that's as it should be. We have 3 dogs and they are my daily company. In my spare time I love to cook. I'm retired from the U. S. Air Force and am enjoying playing homemaker. (I take my hat off to the real homemakers) You'll probably get a mixed bag from my blog so be prepared for whatever may pop up in the conversation. Family is my touchstone.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Family Visits

The time has passed so quickly. I'm looking forward to my next visit to Totz, Kentucky to visit my Aunt Dolly and her daughter, Teresa. We talk family, cooking and just enjoy each others company. Aunt Dolly and Teresa are the closest I can get to my Mom since she's passed. It also gives me a different perspective of my Mom. She shared things with them that she and I didn't always talk about; especially when her cancer came back. I'm sure she was trying to spare her immediate family and we were sometimes in denial about her condition.
My husband is an angel for taking me last year and this year. You have to realize there is absolutely nothing to do in Totz. It was a coal mining town and most of the homes are former coal company homes or trailers. A very simple life. I loved living there for the 18 months my Dad was in Turkey when I was 7. Anyway, Hubs sits on the porch and counts coal trucks or takes naps. Thankfully for him, we only stay 3 days. This year he is taking a portable DVD player and his backlist of movies. My Aunt Dolly is 93 years old. Since I've been grown, I've not had the time to visit. Hubs and my leave time were spent with my parents or his. Now that I can no longer work and Hubs has vacation time, we try to visit those we couldn't previously.
Well, off make my list of "must bring things".

No comments:

Post a Comment