About Me

My photo
Just my thoughts on what ever pops up. The kids are more or less on their own pursuing various degrees. My hubby does take a bit more of my time But that's as it should be. We have 3 dogs and they are my daily company. In my spare time I love to cook. I'm retired from the U. S. Air Force and am enjoying playing homemaker. (I take my hat off to the real homemakers) You'll probably get a mixed bag from my blog so be prepared for whatever may pop up in the conversation. Family is my touchstone.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Family

We've had had our oldest son home for the last 7 weeks and it's been a mixed bag. I've enjoyed having him here but he was also studying for his Doctoral Candidate qualifying exam in Math. So we had to make sure he got the study time he needed. I really don't know who is more nervous. Well, yes, I do. He is. It will be over tomorrow around noon. My stomach is so very upset. I know he is prepared, so it's up to The Lord and Bryan at this point.

Our youngest son and his fiancée got here Saturday for a one week visit. We only get to see them twice a year and occasionally a spare three day weekend if hubs and I can manage our time right. Our daughter-to-be is in the last year of veterinarian school. Also one of the most stressful. She's doing her rotations through all the specialties. Long hours. Our son, who is a high school art teacher, has a little more time during the summer. He is the assistant coach for the girls soccer team and at least stays busy.

We also have a new family member. A two year old black lab, KatieBug. She is a rescue dog. Such a sweet loving girl. We're still learning each other. We've had her about three weeks. She is has some training and we're just supplementing that.

My nephew is home on R & R from Afghanistan. So proud of this young man.

And that's my family thoughts for the summer. We missed a trip to see my 93 year old Aunt Dolly. There was some family health matters at her end and we didn't want to impose ourselves and add any stress to anyone. I was so looking forward to the time with her and my cousin and also, the time with my hubs away from all his work stressors.

Hope you all are doing well and having a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment